Tuesday 31 January 2023

Thrive in Relationship


Day 1 Thrive in your mind for Relationships 

 1 Cor. 15:57; Col 1:13; 1 Cor 15:57; Gal. 2:20; Psalm 124:7; Psalm 125:3; Isaiah 49:25

  • Give thanks to the Lord, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ and for delivering us from the power of darkness and conveying us into His kingdom.
  • Confess, “…I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me…”
  • Command every sinful snare over your life to be broken and your soul to escape like a bird out of the snare of the trapper.
  • Ask the Lord to contend with every sinful habit or ungodly behaviour that contends with our desire for holiness and righteousness in relationships.
  • Thank the Lord for liberty in your mind and thoughts. I am not a slave to my thoughts. I am a good custodian of the mind God has given me. According to 1 Cor 2:16 I have the mind of Christ. I do not have the spirit of fear, but that of boldness and of a sound mind to engage in purposeful, fruitful, and fulfilling relationships. 2 Tim 1:7
  • I am sensitive and averse to any toxic thought because I have the mind of Christ. I quickly rejects and replace any wrong thinking  and do not allow them to become strongholds in my mind. Past memories shall not hold sway over me.
  • The words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are acceptable in God. By the weapon of my warfare which are not carnal, but mighty through God I pull down strongholds of anxiety, fear, hopelessness,  worthlessness, guilt, unworthiness, anger and un-forgiveness.
  • I focus on what is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report and of virtue and praise (Phil 4:8)


Day 2 Thrive in emotional relationships and marriage:

Wise communication in relationships:

  • Psalm 19:14: May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
  • Psalm 141:3: Lord, set up a guard for my mouth, keep watch at the door of my lips.
  • Proverbs 17:27: A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.
  • Proverbs 12:18: Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing.
  • James 1:19: My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry.

Marriages & relationships (Prov. 5:15-21)

  • That couples will be willing and obedient to God and see marriage as God's living parable of His commitment to the church. (Ephesians 5:21-32)
  • We pray for grace to be faithful in relationships. We rebuke immoral spirit.
  • There shall be unending experience of joy and gladness; mentally, spiritually, emotionally and sexually in our marriages.
  • For any couple, single parent or matured single hurting, we receive healing (mentally, emotionally and spiritually) and we ask for the wounds to be healed in Jesus name. Psalms 147:3
  • Our marriages and relationships shall be kept pure and undefiled (Heb. 13:4)
  • We renounce all lust, perversion, immorality, uncleanliness, impurity, ungodly soul ties, immoral relationships and all ungodly thought patterns in our lives in Jesus name.
  • We command the stronghold of delays, distractions and spiritual veil to be broken in the lives of our matured singles and everyone seeking to be married, including single parents. (Ps 124:7; 125:3)         

  

Day 3 Thrive in Partnership and Friendship

Godly cooperation in Relationship: Gal 6:2; Gal 6:9-10; Phil 2:3; Phil 2:14-15; Eph 6:2-3; John 113:34; 1Thes 5:11

  •  Father, we pray for the grace to be able to bear each other’s burden – help us to show empathy to other people's needs.
  • We pray that we will not be weary while doing good to others, especially those in the household of faith. 
  • We pray we will love one another as a team, and work together with one mind and one purpose.
  • Heavenly father, help us to do all things without complaining and disputing. May our lives continue to shine as light bearers in this crooked and perverse generation.
  • That we will esteem and build each other up – encouraging with words that lift and build faith.
  • Teach us how to love one another.

Wisdom and Spirit-enabled self-control in Relationship:

  • 2 Peter 1:5-6: Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone
  • Proverbs 25:28: A person without self-control is as defenceless as a city with broken-down walls.
  • Gal 5:22-23: But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, He will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self- control. Here there is no conflict with the law.
  • 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
  • Titus 2:2: Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have strong faith and be filled with love and patience.
  • 1 Peter 1:13: So, think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the special blessings that will come to you at the return of Jesus Christ.
  • 2 Peter 1:5,6: So, make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self- control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness.


No comments:

Post a Comment